Friday, May 6, 2016

Feature Friday: Roniqua Wright



Meet Roniqua: Q&A
Roniqua is a 24-year-old international student from Nassau, Bahamas. Under her belt is an associate's in Computer Networking and Service Technologies. Roniqua's journey at Dalton State does not stop there. She is currently working on obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Technology Management.   




Q: How did you hear about Dalton State?
A: I found out about Dalton State while on my first visit to Georgia. I came to tour Kennesaw State University, but decided to look at more affordable institutions. Dalton State was one of the top five that came up on the list, so the next day my mom and I drove up and took a tour of the school. My  mom instantly loved it, so I applied! Soon after I was accepted to Dalton State and I've been here ever since! 

Q: While at Dalton State, what activities have you been involved in? 
A: In the past few years I have held various positions for student organizations. I have participated greatly with Dalton State International. Throughout my time here I have been Secretary and Vice President. I have been an Orientation Leader where I helped new incoming students get involved and excited for their upcoming time as a Roadrunner. 

Q: How are you involved with the Office of Residential Life? 
A: This past year I was the President of the Resident Hall Association. Being the first year back on campus, RHA was incredibly successful with student attendance. We look forward to getting more students involved as the years pass. 

Q: Why do you enjoy these activities and Dalton State? 
A: I love being involved and watching other people grow. I wanted to do more than the limitations everyone assume Internationals Students would have. I wanted to inspire and encourage those around me to be successful no matter what obstacles may be in the way. 

Article by: Viviana Roqueta

No comments:

Post a Comment