Friday, April 29, 2016

Feature Friday: Jay Shockey





Meet Jay: Q&A
Jay is a 21-year-old Junior from Ellijay, Georgia. He serves as a Residential Assistant for the Office of Residential Life. Jay is a Networking major. In his free time, Jay loves drawing and calligraphy.

Q: How did you hear about Dalton State?
A: I heard about Dalton State originally from the base that they have in Ellijay. So, I came to Dalton State because it was close to home and affordable.

Q: How long have you been drawing?
A: I have been drawing since my sophomore year of high school. So, probably around 2012.

Q: What motivated you to start drawing, and where do you get inspiration from?
A: I saw YouTube videos of other people drawing and it inspired me. Also, I was influenced by my teacher, Mrs. Lewitt, to pursue calligraphy.

Q: Other than drawing, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
A: I like to listen to music. I also like to play lacrosse, flag football, and Frisbee. I also enjoy designing hats.

Q: What do you think of Dalton State so far, and what is your vision for the future?
A:  Dalton State is fine. My plan for the future is to have a good home, a good job, and to have a family. I plan on finishing my degree here at Dalton State because I like this college, and I always try to finish everything that I start.

Article by: Shelby Yarbrough

No comments:

Post a Comment