Friday, April 22, 2016

Feature Friday: Jalen Patterson

The Pain Of Love

by Jalen Patterson



Though your love leaves me bruised a blue,

Far less pleasant than indigo.

I crave your vibes,

Like the morning sun.

That illuminating smile that stretches across your face at midday,

Draws me awake at night.

I yearn for your presence,

As a dog does his master.

Your branded bruises are gem stones in these eyes of love,

But my affections cannot be matched in the temporary moment.

Maybe fate is not our friend.

I guess this pain is forever,

For what could bring more distance than never.


Meet Jalen: Q&A
Jalen is a 19-year-old freshman from McDonough, Georgia. He joined Roadrunner Nation this semester, spring 2016, with the intention of acquiring an Associate’s degree in Business Administration.

Q: How did you hear about Dalton State?
A: My cousin, Quadry Holloman, goes here and encouraged me to come. I didn't know much about Dalton State and if it weren't for him I wouldn't be here.

Q: How long have you been writing?
A: I started writing in 2013.

Q: What motivated you to start writing, and where do you get inspiration from?
A: Someone I was close to encouraged me to write after my first heartbreak. They enjoyed writing, and that person's passion inspired me. Today, I do it for personal satisfaction. I'd love to continue developing as a writer and eventually write a book or memoir one day.

Q: Other than writing, what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
A: I love music and spend a lot of time finding new artists. I enjoy going on walks and look at nature. Lately, I've been really into studying people and their actions by reading their body gestures and emotions when no one else is looking.

Q: What do you think of Dalton State so far, and what is your vision for the future?
A: At first, I was skeptical and indifferent about coming to Dalton State. Now that I have seen how much potential Dalton State has, I love it. Meeting new people and listening to how passionate they are about Dalton State makes me excited and passion grows in me as time passes. I want kids in 5th grade, at that age, already know they want to be a Roadrunner. I look forward to actively be part of the community and establish roadrunner pride across the map.

Article by: Viviana Roqueta





 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment